Lavender sachets are traditional in the South of France to keep drawers and closets smelling fresh and clean. The good news is that you don’t have to travel to Provence to get them! This easy DIY requieres no sewing so children can also make them.
If you don’t know how to sew, this is such a great project. These no sew lavender sachets can be easily made in minutes with supplies that are readily available.
These lovely lavender drawer sachets also make great gifts. Just add a gift tag to the ribbon and give as hostess gifts or as a thank you to teachers. They are also a great gift for grandma or Mother’s Day.
Benefits of lavender
Lavender is a versatile plant with a range of potential benefits. The plant is known for its distinctive fragrance, which can promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety.
It has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, making it a useful addition to skincare products and natural remedies for minor cuts and bruises.
Additionally, lavender has been studied for its potential to improve sleep quality and alleviate symptoms of insomnia.
Lavender has calming effects, so now your closet can become a place of calm instead of stress. You can also keep these handy sachets by your night table so the scent helps you sleep better.
Did you know?
Lavender is often used in closets because it has a natural and pleasant fragrance that can help to freshen up enclosed spaces and repel moths and other insects.
Easy No Sew Lavender Drawer Sachets
- Cut your fabric into a 12 inch or 30 cm square.
- Cut the ribbon to a 12”-18” (30-45 cm) length.
- Measure out your lavender and place into the center of your fabric square. Lift the sides of the square, then the top and bottom.
- Next fold the corners in.
- Bunch the fabric together, wrap the ribbon around and tie into a knot. Now tie a bow or two.
- Place the sachet into a drawer or closet to keep linens and clothing smelling fresh.
Homemade lavender sachets can be bundled up and wrapped in cellophane or kraft paper as gifts. Or keep them for yourself and just drop them in your closet drawers or linen closet.
More Ways To Use Lavender Sachets
- Drawer Freshener: Place a lavender sachet in a dresser drawer to keep your clothes smelling fresh and repel moths.
- Sleep Aid: Place a lavender sachet under your pillow or on your nightstand to promote relaxation and improve the quality of your sleep.
- Car Freshener: Hang a lavender sachet from your car’s rearview mirror or place it in a cup holder to freshen up the interior and promote a sense of calm during your daily commute.
More easy DIY projects
- Sweet Almond Oil Bath Bombs DIY
- Make Your Own Orange Exfoliating Lip Scrub In Just 3 Steps
- Relaxing Homemade Lavender Cream To Help You Sleep
- Dollar Store Hugs and Kisses Book Stack DIY
- DIY: how to make personalized cell phone cases
- VIDEO: Nail Polish Marbled Beads and Bracelet Craft DIY