I’m a bicultural, bilingual Latina mother who loves her children, husband and family with my entire being. I adore sunsets and hate chamomile tea, just like I can’t stand fake people. I know I have a special eye when it comes to finding typos yet sometimes I become blind to my own mistakes. Perhaps because I defy classifications and stereotypes, I believe in tolerance, respect and the beauty of diversity.
I’m thankful for my life and am a strong believer in education and hard work. I think every setback brings a new opportunity, either to learn or just to get up again. I’ve fallen many times, but I’ve never failed to get up. I stand up again with renewed strength, determined to move forward, armed with more humility because I know I have much to learn and a long way to go. It also helps because I focus on the positive and the lessons I learn, instead of my failures and the negativity thats seems to surround us.
I thank my parents for raising me bilingual and allowing me to love two countries: the United States (where I was born) and Chile (where I grew up). I thank my children for teaching me patience, what really matters in life and above all, how to love without limits or conditions. We live in Miami but love to travel, since I think it’s the best way to teach my children how to respect others and learn about different cultures, languages, and religions.
Perhaps it is easier to tell you what I do rather than who I am. I love helping others and writing, so having my blog and my own tiny media company is a dream for me. Through it I can help others with my words, sharing experiences and my voice. You can see me frequently in front of TV cameras, whether I am recording videos for my blog, webisodes, doing satellite media tours or appearing on a television show. Other times I walk on to a stage to share the lessons I have learned.
I’m just another working mom, running from one place to another trying to be there for everybody without forgetting about my own needs. I travel a lot, which I love, but too often I don’t see much of the cities I visit. That’s why I treasure those stolen minutes in which I stroll around New York City, see my friends in Los Angeles or I take a selfie in front of the White House. Life is made of moments, and even if they’re too brief or don’t follow our plans, I enjoy what I can to the fullest.
I hope you like my bilingual blog Hispana Global. And if you don’t, you can tell me, because I’m always looking for ways to improve. Feel free to email me at info at hispanaglobal dot com, follow me on Twitter or contact me via LinkedIn.
Trust me, I know I’m not perfect, but I do try my best and have the upmost respect for other people’s opinions. That is, unless they disrespect me. Because I do have a bit of a temper, especially when I see intolerance, racism or aggression. However, I suspect you wouldn’t be here reading this if you were searching for controversy or conflict, so I have high hopes that we’ll get along just fine.
I look forward to getting to know you better!
PS.- If you’re looking for my bio, just head over to this link. For inquiries, please contact my manager, Johanna Voss at johanna at johannavoss.com.
- Why Food, Water and Shelter Are Not the Most Important Things a Child Needs
- What Being an American Means to My Immigrant Family
- 13 Things I Want My Son to Know on His 13th Birthday
- What I Want My Kids To Know About Fitting In
- NBC News: 8 Latino Bloggers for Social Good
- Good Morning America: Dove Ad Highlights a Mother’s Impact on Daughter’s Self-Esteem
- Good Morning America: What Happened When One Mom Stopped Criticizing Her Kids …
- Radio Bio Bio: Jeannette Kaplun: La bloguera chilena más reconocida en Estados …
- Portada: How Unilever’s Dove Uses Paid Media and Content Marketing to …
- CNN: Longing for the carefree parenting style of yesterday?
- ABC News: Whose Mother’s Day Is It Anyway?
- People en Español: 5 consejos de Jeannette Kaplun para proteger la seguridad de tu …
- Univision: ¿Español o inglés? Expertos de las redes te dan sus claves
- Today Show: Parenting Fail mom cam
TV and Video Links
- Jeannette Kaplun Gets Cooking Video | The Chew – ABC.com
- Staying Cool at Walt Disney World With Jeannette Kaplun …
- Beyond the Walt Disney World Theme Parks With Jeannette …
- Meet Jeanette Kaplun Pt. 1 – YouTube
- Ignite Evo 2012 – Jeannette Kaplun – YouTube
- Mom+Social: I am a Global Mom Jeannette Kaplun – YouTube
- Aprende a hacer disfraces caseros y económicos para este …
- Adamari López habla de la seguridad en el hogar | Un …
- Consejos para proteger a tu hijo en el hogar – YouTube
- María Celeste Arrarás: divorcio y perdón – YouTube