If you’re planning a cruise on the new Disney Wish, just know you are in for a treat. It’s a beautiful, elegant and fun ship that has something for every single member of your family. The Disney Wish is also great for an adults-only escape if you love great food, beverages, and service.
Since it’s a new ship and I got to sail on the Disney Wish’s inaugural sailing thanks to a media invitation, I have the top tips to keep in mind so you can enjoy every second of your magical cruise vacation!
Top Disney Wish Tips
- Take a day bag with you when you board with swimsuits, medications, phone chargers, and any essentials. It will come handy on debarkation day because your luggage will be picked up at 10 pm the night before!
- Download the Navigator app before boarding on every mobile device. It’s the only way to see what’s happening at any given time. It also allows you to message other family members and guests. Tip: always use airplane mode on board the ship to avoid (costly) roaming charges.
- Avoid standing too close to elevator buttons. they are heat activated so it’s very easy to accidentally select them all when the elevators are crowded!
- There are no mid ship elevators, only aft and forward.
- Safety first! Once you board the Wish and retrieve your key from the stateroom, go to your muster station, scan the code and later pay attention to the safety announcement. So convenient but you MUST do it or else your name will be called. The best news? No more mandatory safety drill in the sun!
- Remember that there are free beverage stations on deck 11. Use a new, clean cup to refill your water bottle to help keep everybody healthy! There are soft drinks, hot chocolate, tea and coffee.
- Soft serve ice cream is also included. Tip: mix vanilla soft serve with your coffee for a delicious treat!
- Order room service breakfast for light continental fare, hot coffee, tea and pastries. It’s included! You can also choose from many options during the rest of the day and in the past, I was able to order Mickey bars from the secret menu. Just remember to tip your server. Currently, room service is not available on the day of departure. Tip: find the menu in your Navigator app.
- Enjoy every second at Castaway Cay. There are plenty of chairs and umbrellas but remember to hydrate and apply sunscreen often. The water is so clear it’s perfect for snorkeling! Kids will love Pelican Plunge and adults, Serenity Bay. Tip: bring your photo ID and key card. You will need both to come back on the ship!
- Take advantage of the full service restaurants open for breakfast and lunch. It’s a wonderful, relaxed experience in case you aren’t in a rush. It also gives you an opportunity to see all the restaurants in case you skipped one of your dinners to dine at Palo or if you ordered room service.
- If you are able to spend time alone, get the Rainforest Experience pass. It is so worth it on board the Disney Wish! There is an outdoor experience for the first time and it might be one of the most relaxing areas on the ship.
- Planning on riding the Aqua Mouse? Expect long lines and know that you cannot take anything with you. Leave your shoes and belongings in the cubbies. Tip: go during meal times for shorter queues.
- Don’t miss the amazing shows. Doors open 30 minutes before show time, so arrive early for best seating options. If you want to take advantage of all the interactivity Disney shows offer, make sure to sit in the first half of the Walt Disney theater. The Little Mermaid is beyond wonderful!
- Remember your luggage needs to be outside your stateroom the last night by 10 pm. Plan accordingly if you have the second dinner seating!