When it comes to finding gifts for Mother’s Day, it can be quite the challenge. Sometimes that special woman or mother figure in your life has it all, is picky or never tells you what she wants or needs. That’s why I put together a last-minute gift guide to help you, in case you need ideas.
Don’t forget that you can also gift Mom an experience. You can make her a Mother’s Day breakfast, cook dinner for her or take her out to her favorite place. It’s also a great idea to gift her a day of pampering, whether at a beauty salon or spa.
Last-minute Mother’s Day Gift Guide
This guide contains affiliate links.
These gifts for mom can be ordered online or found at local stores that are open, like drugstores, Target or Walmart. Do double-check ordering and shipping deadlines on each vendor’s site, just in case there are delays. Another option is to call local businesses, like bakeries, to see if they are delivering on short notice. Here are my favorite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Something personalized. Whether it’s a necklace with Mom’s name like mine from Forever K, an embroidered accessory, a glass or a mug that children can decorate with permanent markers, that special touch with her name makes mom feel special. You can also use a Cricut to customize whatever you want.
- Beauty gifts are always a great idea. A few suggestions? Face, hand and foot masks, manicure sets, and skincare products . I also love Urban Decay makeup palettes. There are also fun nail polishes from Nails.INC that change color!
- Makeup brushes. These ones from Artis Brush are the top of the line.
- Anything that helps recreate a spa experience at home is a sure hit. For example products to hydrate feet and hands such as the HoMedics® Pink ParaSpa® Plus Paraffin Bath can turn your skin baby soft all without leaving the comfort of your own home. It comes with 3 pounds of hypoallergenic wax (with no added scents or dyes) and 20 liners. Available at Homedics.com for under $40.
- Another great option is anything that will help Mom relax, like the stylish faux fur HoMedics® Sqüsh Vibrating Massage Pillow. Itgives you a relaxing, pressure-activated vibration massage just by leaning on it. Available in a variety of colors. Price: $19.99.
- Let’s not forget perfumes and body lotions. They are always a success! Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Collection is spectacular and the body lotion leaves skin silky smooth. For those who yearn for a vacation, Sol de Janeiro has light fragrances with a coconut scent like Cococabana.
- Surprise mom with the delivery of a cake or something sweet, like this Popped Passion popcorn heart-shapped popcorn cake (which is gluten-free). You can personalize it with Nutella, or Mom’s favorite candies. Use the code mothersday2020 for a 15% discount.
- My favorite gift is affordable jewelry. The important thing is to know whether Mom prefers gold or silver. Chunky chains are trending and anything with hearts, always shows how much we love somebody. Golden Tangerine has a long necklace that is super trendy and there are also options with stars and crystals. I’m obsessed with the chunky link earrings that can be worn short or long.
- Another great gift, especially for moms who love reading, is a tablet or e-reader. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can even get same day delivery on certain products! I found the lightest Kindle for under $100.
- Flowers. Yes, it’s a cliché, but flowers always make a beautiful gift. Venus et Fleur offers stunning preserved flowers that last a year or more. Check with your local flower shops as well and Amazon.
You can also find great makeup and skincare sets at Target, Ulta, Sephora and department stores. I curated a few of my favorite sets at different price points.
More ways to celebrate Mother’s Day
Remember you can also print or make cards at home. Here are free options:
- Beautiful Watercolor Resist Mother’s Day Card
- Get Cute And Printable Mother’s Day Cards For Free
- Free Mother’s Day activity sheet