When my daughter showed me how to make tie-dye shirts with markers in just minutes, I was in awe of how easy this DIY is! This is the perfect activity for a rainy day, a birthday party or anytime you want to have fun with your kids. Plus, tie-dye is so on trend!
It’s really cool to see how the colors start bleeding into the fabric and making different shapes after using the secret ingredient: rubbing alcohol.
How to make tie-dye t-shirts with markers
Check out this video which shows what you need to do to get this tie-dye effect simply using Sharpies or permanent markers and rubbing alcohol. You will need a plastic cup, a white t-shirt, and a rubber band as well. If you have a dropper, use it, because it allows you to apply the alcohol precisely over the colored dots.
You will need:
- A white t-shirt, shirt or t-shirt
- Permanent markers (we used Sharpies)
- Plastic cup
- Put a plastic cup under the shirt and secure it with an elastic.
- Paint colored dots with the permanent markers.
- Apply alcohol over the dots using a dropper.
- You will see the colors begin to bleed. That is the goal!
- Release the elastic and then move the plastic cup to another section of the shirt.
- Repeat the process until you are happy with the design.
- Finally, set the colors by putting the t-shirt in the dryer.
Thanks for watching my video! Please like and subscribe so I can keep making more 🙂
Check out the Hispana Global YouTube channel for more fun ideas!
More activities for kids
- How To Make Slime At Home
- Easy Craft For Kids: Toilet Paper Roll Corn Cob
- Craft For The Day Of The Dead: Paper Plate Skull
- Back To School DIY: Washi Tape Notebooks and Pencils