My daughter is the family expert when it comes to hair, especially when if it involves braids or a princess hairdo. She has been doing her own braids for years and even she was impressed by this easy princess hair tutorial.
Disclosure: Thanks to JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TANGLES® for sponsoring this post. However, all opinions are my own.
Check out the video we made with my lovely friend (and mom of 3 girls!) Marinés Duarte. Not only does it have the easy princess hair tutorial but it also has tips for summer camp.
Princess Hair Tutorial With a Twist – step by step
- Part the hair down the middle
- Divide small sections of hair, beginning at each temple.
- Now divide each small section into two smaller sections (or pieces).
- Take those two small sections and cross them over.
- Continue adding hair and crossing it, as if you were doing a French braid.
- Stop once you reach the nape.
- Make a twist with the remaining hair and secure with an elastic or hair tie.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do two mini buns by winding each braid and secure with bobby pins.
- Add a bow to complete the princess look.
More hair tutorials
- Hair Tutorial: Easy And Chic Double Ponytail
- Inspired By NYFW: Romantic Braids For Curly Hair Tutorial
- Curly hair tutorial: how to do a side twist
- Hair tutorial: DIY Double Twist Braid (video)
- Side French Braid tutorial with video