Braids are still all the rage and although I used to think they were too complicated, I learned how to make the easiest side French braid. Thanks to a collaboration with Johnson’s No More Tangles, my daughter and I have been testing out new hairstyles because after a while we were both tired of the same ponytails or braids. Even though my daughter is the family’s official hair expert, I decided to learn and try new braids. It was totally worth it! Here’s the video tutorial so you can do your own side French braid.
- Wash and detangle hair. We used Johnson’s No More Tangles shampoo & conditioner, and once my daughter’s hair was dry we used the Detangling Spray and Leave In Conditioner.
- Start on the right side and take a wide subsection of hair close to the forehead. Split it in to three smaller sections.
- Begin braiding. Instead of crossing your strands over the middle piece, you will be crossing it under, creating a Dutch Braid.
- Take a section of hair from the right side and add into your right section. You will cross this section of hair under the middle strand.
- Take hair from the left side of the head and add it into your left section crossing it under the middle. Make sure to use a comb to smooth out the hair that is going in the left section.
- Continue these steps and braid all the way down staying as close to her hairline as possible. Continue braiding until you no longer have any hair to braid.
- Add a hair tie at the end to secure braid.
If you’re looking for more ideas, here are other hair and braid tutorials:
Disclosure: I am collaborating with Johnson’s® No More Tangles ® on a video and blog campaign, for which I am receiving compensation, but all opinions reflect my thoughts.