Looking for a new way to style curly hair that’s easy yet perfect for all ages? Stylist to the stars Mario Anton shows you how to do a side twist step by step. It only takes a few minutes and will allow you to make the most of your curls while still keeping your hair away from your face.
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner
- Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème serum
- Bobby pins
- Hair ties
- Hair spray
- Diffuser (optional)
- After you’ve washed and conditioned your hair, apply the Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum. Start with 2 to 3 pumps of the serum, you can use more or less depending on the texture and length of your curls, and let the hair air dry. You can use the diffuser on medium to expedite the drying process.
- Part your hair in the middle to divide your hair into three sections. Create two front sections and one in the back.
- Take one of the front section and divide it in two, make a diagonal line from the forehead to the ears. Begin to twist this around one another to create the first twist. When finished, tie it with a hair tie. Repeat the same technique on the opposite side to create the second twist.
- Take each twist to the back of the head and secure them with the pins, leaving the rest of the hair loose.
- Use an accessory to give the style your special touch.
- Use a little bit of hair spray to hold the look and control the little flyways that are loose and out of control.
Special thanks to Mario Anton and Dove Hair for these tips for curly hair.
You might also want to check out these tips for curly-haired women:
- 10 tips to make the most out of your curls, even on the second or third day!
- Why It’s Important To Love Your Curls, Especially If You’re A Mom
- How to get Beyoncé’s gorgeous curly hair
- 10 tips for beautiful curly hair while minimizing frizz