There’s something so special about a good chicken soup. It comforts us when we’re under the weather or need a quick pick-me-up.
Easy chicken soup recipe
Here are all the details so you can make my delicious chicken soup.
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 leek cut in 4
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot cut in 4
- ¼ cup red pepper
- 10 cups of water
- 2 cups of peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups de calabaza, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, peeled and diced
- Cilantro or coriander
- Set heat on high, and add water, chicken, garlic, onion, leek, carrot and pepper to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover for 20 minutes. Chicken should be totally cooked.
- Strain and save the bouillon. Discard the solids and pull apart the chicken.
- In the same pot, pour the bouillon, add the chicken and the veggies: potatoes, squash, carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil.
- Now add the cilantro. Season with salt and simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add more salt if needed and serve hot.