Great news for dog owners who have dreamed about taking their beloved pets to Walt Disney World Resort. Beginning October 15, Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their canine companions – to four resort hotels, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room. Each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas. This is something many guests who travel with pets have been waiting for!
Special amenities for dogs at select Disney World hotels
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
- Coming soon – select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
Cost of taking your dog to a Disney hotel
If you are planning on taking your dog on your next Disney World vacation, keep in mind you will need to allocate some extra money. The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Finally, there are some rules to abide by. Dogs staying in a Disney resort guest room must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407 W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.