Looking for beautiful Thanksgiving place cards that you can make yourself but don’t want to spend a fortune? This easy DIY uses Dollar Store silk leaves, wooden clothespins, and burlap ribbon to create elegant place cards for your holiday table without breaking the bank.
Kids also love to help so you can also have them be a part of Thanksgiving prepping. This easy Thanksgiving DIY project can also be reused every year to elevate your tablescape.
I also included options from Amazon that are budget-friendly and use my affiliate links to help support my blog at no extra cost to you. If you’re sticking to a budget, make sure to check out my 7 Money-Saving Thanksgiving Tips.
How to make beautiful Thanksgiving place cards
- Dollar Store Silk Leaves or fabric fall leaves
- Dollar Store Wooden Clothespins
- Burlap Ribbon
- Washable Markers
- Letter Stickers – metallic (these are Ms. Sparkle, the discount brand at Joann Fabrics)
Gather all your supplies. Color wooden clothespins with a brown washable marker. This is a fun trick to create a stained effect without the mess!
Cut squares of burlap ribbon slightly larger than the silk leaves. Remove some of the strands of burlap from each edge of the square to create a frayed effect.
Next, layer one silk leaf on top of the frayed burlap square and secure with a wooden clothespin.
Now adhere letter stickers to spell out the names of your family and friends attending your Thanksgiving dinner. Tip: keep extra ones handy in case you have last minute guests.
These place cards can stand up or lay flat when decorating your Thanksgiving table. Your family and friends will never know how quick, inexpensive and easy these stylish place cards were to make!
More easy and frugal crafts and DIYs
- How To Make Your Own Potpourri For The Holidays
- Easy Craft For Kids: Toilet Paper Roll Corn Cob
- DIY Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkins
- 3 Beautiful Ideas for Your Thanksgiving Table
- How to make a gratitude journal in 5 easy steps