How to make a Baby Yoda puppet
If you’re a fan of The Mandalorian on Disney+, then you’re probably obsessed with The Child or Baby Yoda. I know I am!
I can’t wait for the new season to premiere in October but it feels like such a long time. The Mandalorian’s new episodes can’t come soon enough. In the meantime, lots of Baby Yoda merchandise is popping up in stores (finally!) to keep us from having withdrawal symptoms.
That’s also why I am putting my creativity to the test and finding new crafts that are inspired by The Child. This Baby Yoda paper plate puppet craft is so easy that it’s great for a rainy day activity to do with the kids.
Baby Yoda puppet craft
You will need:
- 2 Paper plates
- Quick dry tacky glue or school glue
- Baby Yoda Template PDF
- Gray paint
- Paint brush
- Wooden ruler
- Paint paper plates with gray paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Cut one paper plate in half. Glue half paper plate to the whole paper plate, allowing an open space for the ruler to pass through.
- Print the face template file.
- If printing with a cutting machine, upload these PNG files to your software. Resize the images to fit 6 to 8 inches wide, depending on the width of the paper plate. Select to print and cut.
- To create the face, glue the pieces to the plate.
- Construct the paper puppet using glue to attach the pieces to a ruler.
- Allow craft to dry completely before playing or displaying.
Let me know how your Baby Yoda puppet comes out!
More Star Wars fun
- 8 Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Coloring Sheets
- Everything you need to know about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (VIDEO)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride review, video and tips