As an adult, I’m like “whatevs” about Valentine’s Day, but when I was a kid I loved it. It was so much fun to give and get Valentine’s Day cards at school. Sooo much fun! Now that I’m a mother, I notice that my daughters really enjoy the experience, too. Usually, we go for store-bought cards, but this year we are giving out DIY Valentine’s Day bookmarks with heart erasers and lollipops because useful, cute and yummy mean I HEART YOU.
Check out how we made them! It’s a fun activity for kids.
DIY: How To Make Valentine’s Day Bookmarks
- Foam bookmarks (you can buy them on Amazon.com, your local dollar store or cut your own out of foam sheets)
- Grosgrain ribbon (optional)
- Heart-shaped erasers (I got ours on Amazon.com)
- Removable glue dots
- Hole punch (optional)
- If you buy pre-cut foam bookmarks as I did, you could leave them as-is and simply use the removable glue dots to attach the lollipop and a couple of heart-shaped erasers. You are using removable glue dots because you want the children to be able to remove the lollipop and erasers without damaging the bookmark.
- If you want to be a little bit fancier, you can use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top center of one side of the foam bookmark and then loop a piece of grosgrain ribbon that you’ve cut through it to give it a little tassel on top.
- If you want to be super fancy, you could have your child decorate the bookmark with colored sharpie markers or punch out a design in it. Use your imagination and have fun.