Spring Beauty and Makeup Trends
What are Spring’s biggest makeup and beauty trends? If you’re looking to refresh your skincare routine, it’s all about quality ingredients. Clean beauty is also huge and it’s better not only for your skin, but also for the environment.
Check out my latest video to see all the skincare and makeup trends for Spring 2021.
Ingredients trending in skincare
At drugstores and department stores you will see products that contain:
- Retinol, a derivative of vitamin A, to help even skin tone and diminish the appearance of fine lines. Skinceuticals, The Ordinary, Olay, Mary Kay, Neutrogena, L’Oreal, an IT Cosmetics have great products that won’t dry you out. Tip: if you have a darker skin tone, start with a lower retinol concentration every other day to minimize irritation. Even if you only wear retinoids every other day, make sure you protect your skin from the sun! Estee Lauder has a great broad spectrum SPF 50 Aqua UV gel that absorbs super quickly. For other hydrating formulas, try Biossance and Dermalogica.
- Antioxidants such as vitamin C to protect the skin from the environment, brighten it and hydrate it. Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Bright Power Soft Creme has beautyberry and vitamin C in a lightweight formula that improves dark spots. Neutrogena has serum capsules that preserve the integrity of the vitamin C, something I love. La Roche Posay also launched a wonderful pure vitamin C cream that absorbs quickly. Skinceuticals continues to offer the best vitamin c products, in my opinion.
- Mineral sun protection, like using zinc oxide. This ingredient is less irritating and non comedogenic so mineral SPF is great if you’re acne prone. Olay came out with a new mineral SPF Regenerist collection that does not leave a white residue.
What are the biggest makeup trends for Spring 2021?
- Earth hues and golden palettes for all eye colors. Urban Decay Naked Wild West has a great mix of matte and shimmery shades that work from day to night.
- Shimmer is IN! Apply sparkly, shimmery eye shadows in the middle of your upper eyelid to highlight and open your eyes even more.
- The monochromatic look is also a huge trend. Whether you use pink, orange or gold, you can use the same shade as eyeshadow, blush or highlighter, and on your lips.
- Cream blushes and multipurpose sticks melt into your skin and can also be used as a tint on the lips. My favorites? Ilia and Palladio Beauty.
- Matte lip colors are on the way out. Shiny and glossy is making a major comeback. There are even long wearing glosses by L’Oreal Paris and NYX that do a great job of not transferring to your face coverings. If you prefer lipsticks, Mary Kay has great satin finish lip kits.
- Tinted lip balms are also on trend. Lanolips has a great collection with different tints, flavors and levels of shine. LANO Lip Water Liquid Gold smells like peppermint and leaves a beautiful gold shine plus has hyaluronic acid and glycerin.
- Clean mascaras. Covergirl’s Lash Blast Clean Volume makes lashes look extra long and won’t irritate eyes. It also comes off easily. Ilia’s mascara also has a cult following.
What’s your favorite skincare and makeup trend?