The ideal hairstyle for your New Year’s Eve party should make you feel glamorous and beautiful, which is why this easy updo might be just what you’re looking for. Celebrity hairstylist Mario Anton showed us how to create this simple yet chic updo and now you can try it out to kick off 2015.
What you’ll need for your updo
• Tiara or festive headband.
• Bobby pins.
• Hair ties.
• Brush, preferrably one with natural bristles.
• Round brush, medium.
• Hair dryer.
• Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment.
• Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hair Spray.
How to do an updo for your New Year’s party with tips from Mario Anton
1. Prep hair by washing and conditioning with nourishing products that fight frizz such as Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. This hairstyle requires a smooth and frizz-free look.
2. Blow dry your hair using medium heat and a round brush. Give volume and smooth out the front and top.
3. Part your hair as usual or do a middle part using the comb, then tease the top of your hair. Use a little hairspray so the volume will last. Brush gently all your hair backwards without getting rid of the volume.
4. Secure your hair with a hair tie creating a low ponytail at your nape. Then apply 2 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to your hands and rub them gently on your ponytail to smooth out any frizz and stray hairs.
5. Begin twisting the ponytail toward the right side until you start creating a chignon and continue twisting until you have a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Finalize your updo by applying a little Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hair Spray, smoothing out the front part. Put on your tiara or festive headband and secure with bobby pins on each side.
7. Apply red lipstick to welcome the new year as glamorous as ever.