If you’re looking for a side braid tutorial that’s so easy even a little girl can do it, search no more. My daughter did this hair tutorial in which she shows you how to do her favorite braid, which actually involves 2 braids. The best part is that it only involves 6 steps, so anybody can do it.
- Apply a detangling spray or leave in conditioner, especially if your daughter has long hair. We use Johnson’s NO MORE TANGLES® Leave in Conditioner and Detangling Spray.
- Make a side part.
- Do a small, skinny braid that begins at the temple. Secure with a hair elastic.
- Gather all the hair in one hand by the other ear, including the skinny braid you already did, and braid all the hair.
- Secure the finished braid with another hair elastic or tie.
- You may also add a bow or barrette to polish the look even more. In this case, Sofia secured the bow where the two braids join, right over her ear. Another option is to secure a flower in the same area.
My daughter also wanted to share another of her hair tips. I know she’s only 8, but it’s a quick tip to use the skinny braid as a headband. Here’s the video she did: http://youtu.be/Udsu_8AGHjk