Mickey Mouse-inspired DIY: how to make a dessert pedestal platter
- Black ceramic dinner plate
- Red, hard plastic bowl
- E6000 Adhesive
- 2 buttons, yellow or white, 1 ½” round with 4 holes
- Craft Paint in yellow if using white buttons
- Paper – scrap
- Place white buttons on scrap of paper and base coat several times with yellow craft paint, allowing to dry between coats. NOTE: Buttons can be yellow or white.
- Wash plate and bowl and then dry completely. Apply a bead of E6000 adhesive to the bottom rim of the bowl. Tip: Purchase a package of multiple little tubes of the E6000 Adhesive instead of one large tube as they are easier to use for smaller projects.
- Position bowl onto the bottom center of the plate.
- Measure around the perimeter of the plate to make sure that the bowl has been placed in the center. Set aside, overnight, to allow the adhesive to set completely.
- Once dry, turn pedestal over and attach buttons to center bottom with E6000 adhesive. Set aside, overnight, to allow the adhesive to set completely.
You can make Mickey Mouse-inspired dessert pedestals or platters in a variety of sizes for the perfect birthday celebration or as a special surprise for the Disney lover in your life!
Easy Dessert recipes
If you need recipes for your next party, here are some easy dessert ideas:
- How To Make The Yummiest Peach Cupcakes For Your Next Summer Party
- Delicious Dulce De Leche Flan Recipe
- How To Bake Sugar Cookies With Only 3 Ingredients
- The Most Decadent Caramel Brownies Recipe