These sugar cookies are unbelievably easy to make. Better yet? Despite this recipe’s name, it calls for only a small amount of sugar. This is on purpose, in case you or the kids want to decorate them or use icing on them. They are delicious on their own, but they are a wonderful homemade Christmas gift if you add festive touches like red and green icing or colored sugar sprinkles.
To gift these cookies, I suggest packaging them in a small festive tin or use a cellophane bag with a pretty bow. You or your children can give these delicious packages to teachers, classmates, co-workers, friends, uncles and grandparents, because nobody can resist these sugar cookies.
Baking with your kids is also a great rainy or snowy day activity. Since these sugar cookies only require three ingredients, you don’t need fancy supplies, either.
The Easiest Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) salted butter
- 1 cup all pupose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Soften butter for 20 min before you start making the dough
- preheat oven to 250 F
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Process until a soft dough is formed.
- Make a ball with the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Cgill in the fridge for 15-20 min.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough.
- Make fun shapes using cookie cutters or use a glass to cut out round shapes. Place each cookie on a baking sheet.
- Roll all dough leftovers into a ball and once again flatten with rolling pin. Cut more cookies.
- Once you have used up all the dough, bake for 15 min or until cookies look golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving or icing.
- Store in a sealed container for up to a week.