Here are the instructions, step-by-step.
Paper Plate Craft: Tridimensional Skull for the Day of the Dead
- White paper plates
- Lucky Charms Cereal
- Scissors (with a rounded tip if your child will use them )
- Non-toxic glue
- Glitter. Better yet: Glitter glue, which is what I used.
- Permanent Markers (like Sharpies)
- Paper puncher
- Optional: Ribbon, yarn or wooden ice cream stick to use as a mask.
- Use the scissors to shape the paper plate into a skull. Picture a semicircle and then at the bottom, cut it into the shape of the jaw, as you see in the picture.
- Use a black marker to draw eyes, the nose (draw an upside down heart) and the teeth.
- Make the nose tridimensional by gluing a heart-shaped Lucky Charms marshmallow backwards.
- Decorate your skull. Use cereal on the edge of the eyes, and fill in with colored markers and glitter. Be as creative as you (or your children) want to be!
- To use as a mask, punch holes in the eyes, then punch two holes in the temples, and tie ribbon or yarn. You can also glue a wooden stick. So easy!
Note: This post is part of my collaboration with the Cereal con Cariño General Mills Cereals campaign, but all ideas are my own.