If you’re looking for a fun yet frugal Valentine’s Day craft, this heart wreath is a clever way to reuse puzzle pieces. Even better: it’s a smart way to use puzzles that have missing pieces.
Upgrade your home décor with this cute wreath and let your family know that you love them to pieces!
Dollar Store Heart Wreath DIY with puzzle pieces
- Puzzle, 100 Piece
- Washable Markers
- Craft Paint – White, Red, Light Pink and Hot Pink
- Baker’s Twine – Red and White
- Cardstock – White, 1” by 11” Rectangle
- Chipboard (think recycled cereal or cracker boxes)
- Newspaper or Freezer Paper (to protect work surface)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Craft Knife and Self-Healing Mat
- Paper Trimmer
- Heart wreath pattern
Gather all supplies. Basecoat 25 puzzle pieces white, 25 red, 25 hot pink and 25 light pink. Set aside to dry and apply a second coat, if necessary. Freezer paper makes a great, inexpensive cover for your work surface.
Download, print and cut heart wreath pattern . Trace onto chipboard, cut outside with scissors and inside with craft knife on a self-healing mat.
Measure and cut a twelve-inch length of red and white baker’s twine and glue to the back of the wreath to use as a hanger.
Tie a bow in a second twelve-inch length of baker’s twine and attach to the wreath to finish.
This is a fun activity to create with your tweens and teens. Make this Dollar Store heart-shaped puzzle piece wreath in just about 30 minutes! Remember though that there’s no need to wait until Valentine’s Day to tell our friends and family that we love them.
More Valentine’s Day fun
- Easy DIY: Non-Candy Valentine’s Day Treat For Kids
- Instant Pot chocolate cake for Valentine’s Day
- DIY for Valentine’s Day: How to Make Borax Crystal Hearts
- DIY Valentine’s Day Bookmarks