Have you ever made a pizza tortilla wrap? TikTok once again is fueling a viral food trend: the tortilla wrap craze. Some call it a glorified quesadilla, which is never a bad thing in my book.
Honestly, it’s a fun and simple hack that you can even use to make a delicious pizza tortilla wrap in just minutes. Tired moms welcome the hack, too, because you can make lunch or dinner simply by cutting a slit into the flour tortilla and then adding one ingredient per quadrant. Once you fold up the tortilla you heat it up on a griddle, panini press or just use a frying pan.
If you want to make your own homemade pizza sauce, I have a delicious time-saving hack. Use a 8 oz can of tomato sauce, then add a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp garlic, ½ tsp salt and pepper . Stir and use on the wrap or on pizza dough.
You will need:
- Panini Machine, Griddle or Frying Pan
- Pepperoni or your favorite topping
- Shredded Italian cheese mix
- Shredded mozzarella blend
- Pizza sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Cut a large tortilla in half only on one side of the tortilla.
- Envision the tortilla is in four quadrants.
- Place your toppings of choice in each of the quadrants.
- Fold over the first quadrant as you can see in the picture.
- Fold that set over to the right.
- Fold down completing the wrap.
- Place into a preheated panini machine for a flatter wrap.
- Place onto a griddle or frying pan with melted butter for a thicker, but toasted wrap.
- If using a griddle or frying pan toast on both sides.
- Cut in half and serve.
Have you jumped on the #tortillatrend bandwagon? What topping would you add?