Veggie and fruit smoothies are so easy to make and have amazing benefits. Not only are smoothies delicious but they can be incredibly good for you, too. The unique blend of fruit, veggies and either milk, yogurt, water or ice can be refreshing, filling and nutritious.
Here are 5 amazing benefits of drinking smoothies that will wipe any guilt away about how delicious they are. And don’t miss the easy recipes at the bottom. You can download and print out to keep handy.
How smoothies are good for you
1- Control Cravings
Every diet I try, I wind up doing really well for like two weeks then my sweet tooth takes control and I am binging on a box of Little Debbie Brownies… Oops! But drinking a smoothie helps keep your sweet tooth satisfied and that can help you stay on your diet.Sometimes when you think you’re hungry you’re just thirsty.
2- Smoothies are a Great Breakfast for Busy Days
Mornings are crazy. Trying to find shoes that magically disappeared in the middle of the night and sending your kid back to brush their teeth for the third time. You can just pop everything for your smoothie in your blender and boom healthy breakfast as you walk out the door that you can sip on the way to work while blasting 80s hair ballads.
3- Improve your Immune System
Fruits and veggies are full of nutrients that naturally support your immune system. Nutrients like vitamin C, selenium and zinc are all great at helping support and boost your immune system.
4- Big Source of Fiber
Fiber itself is amazing at keeping you full longer so your smoothie can see you through from breakfast to lunch without leaving you starving and looking for a snack mid morning. Fiber also helps aid in your digestion by absorbing water in your intestinal tract and redistributing to areas that need it.
5- Can help you Lose Weight
If you can conquer your sweet craving, stay full longer without hunting out snacks, and make a smoothie so easy that you don’t have to stop for a donut on the way to work, half of the battle of losing weight is conquered. But there are other ways that smoothies can help you fit comfortably in your jeans like aiding in digestion so bloat is low.
Smoothies are an amazing way to support your health goals in a fast and easy way.
Healthy Smoothie Combinations
Smoothies are a great way to pack in nutrients and vitamins into your diet. Here are some healthy smoothie combinations that you can try:
- Spinach and Berry Smoothie: Blend a handful of spinach, a cup of mixed berries, a banana, and almond milk for a delicious and nutrient-packed smoothie.
- Green Smoothie: Blend a handful of spinach or kale, half an avocado, a banana, a tablespoon of chia seeds, and coconut water for a refreshing green smoothie.
- Tropical Smoothie: Blend a cup of frozen pineapple, a cup of frozen mango, a banana, and coconut milk for a delicious and refreshing tropical smoothie.
- Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie: Blend a banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a scoop of protein powder, and almond milk for a delicious and protein-packed smoothie.
- Mixed Berry and Greek Yogurt Smoothie: Blend a cup of mixed berries, a cup of Greek yogurt, a banana, and almond milk for a delicious and protein-packed smoothie.
Remember to use fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables and avoid adding any extra sugar or sweeteners to keep your smoothie as healthy as possible.
Easy smoothies you can make in minutes
If you are looking for easy smoothie recipes be sure to grab our Smoothie Recipe Cards here that will help you shake up your smoothie routine. I included my six go-to smoothie recipes that are a great breakfast or snack.
More healthy recipes
- Healthy brownie batter overnight oats recipe
- 8 Healthy Crunchy Snacks Your Whole Family Will Love
- Healthy avocado, chickpea and feta cheese salad recipe
- How to make an energizing beet, orange and carrot juice with honey