If you enjoy hot cocoa bombs, you are going to love these strawberry Nesquik bombs. Yes, they are just like hot chocolate bombs but taste like strawberries and cream.
Made with a delicious strawberry candy coating, then filled with strawberry drink powder and marshmallows, this is a yummy treat for all to enjoy! It is such a great twist on the hot chocolate bomb trend, especially for those who prefer strawberry milk. My own daughter prefers strawberry Nesquik to the chocolate version!
Strawberry Nesquik “Hot Cocoa” Bombs
You will need:
- 8 oz strawberry flavored Candy Melts
- 2 oz white vanilla flavored Candy Melts
- 6 tbsp Strawberry Nesquik or your favorite strawberry powdered drink mix
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Red, pink and white nonpareils
- Semi sphere mold
- Microwave safe bowl, spoon or large pastry brush, pastry bag or ziplock bag, large plate, small plate, tablespoon
- Place a large plate into the freezer.
- Pour strawberry candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, until fully melted. Stir well between each heating session.
- Using a spoon or large pastry brush, coat each of the mold cavities with the melted strawberry candy.
- Place into the freezer for 5 minutes, and repeat to add another coat of melted candy, then chill for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the plate and candy coated mold from the freezer. Remove candy coated half spheres from mold and place onto the chilled plate.
- Heat the small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place one candy coated half sphere upside down on the heated plate and move around to slightly melt the rim.
- Add 1 tablespoon Strawberry Nesquik or your favorite powdered strawberry drink mix.
- Now add 6-8 small marshmallows.
- Place another candy coated half sphere upside down on the plate and move around to melt the rim, rubbing it around in the excess candy on the plate.
- Stick that half sphere on top of the other, and very gently secure the two together. *They should go together no problem, but if you do have an issue, simply rub a little extra melted candy along the seam where there is a gap.
- Place white candy melts into a pastry bag or ziplock bag and heat in 30 second increments until fully melted, massaging the bag between each heat session.
- Once melted, cut off the tip of the bag and drizzle melted candy on top of the bomb in a back and forth motion.
- Add sprinkles.
- To use, place bomb in mug and pour 6 oz of hot milk over it. Stir and enjoy!