These Mickey Mouse hot cocoa bombs are the most magical way to warm up this winter.
They are super fun to watch as they dissolve when you pour hot milk over them and beyond delicious once you stir your hot chocolate. That’s why hot cocoa bombs are all the rage right now.
There are many ways to make these hot cocoa bombs. Using silicone molds helps make the process easier. Pro tip: Cut the silicone molds so that each sphere mold is by itself. That way it is much easier to control the mold when working with the melted chocolate.
Mickey Mouse Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 8-10 hot cocoa bombs
- 2 Silicone Sphere Molds
- 1 – 30oz of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate melting wafers
- 2 C of your favorite hot cocoa mix
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 cookie sheet covered with wax paper
- 2 C Mini Marshmallows
- Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel and wipe the inside of the silicone molds. This will allow your chocolate mold to have a shiny coat on it.
- Remove about 16-20 size matching pieces of the melting wafers and set aside. You will use them to make the chocolate ears.
- Using a heat safe bowl, pour into the bowl and place the remaining of the Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave for 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth
- Now spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold
- Carefully swirl the chocolate to completely coat the inside of the mold
- Lightly shake the extra chocolate back into the bowl
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell
- Carefully place the mold onto a cutting board
- Repeat steps with remaining molds
- You should now have 8 sets of half sphere chocolate molds.
- Scoop some of the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip
How to build the hot cocoa bomb
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the chocolate sphere
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows
- Pipe a line of the melted chocolate around the edge of the bottom shell
- Carefully place the top shell onto the bottom and gently hold the top to the bottom for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the piped chocolate to harden to the top shell
- Now gently pick up the bomb and make sure that there is no opening around the center of the shells
- Place the mold back onto the cutting board
- Drizzle chocolate over the mold
- Using a small skillet, place over low heat
- Once the pan feels warm, place the bottom of the candy melts that you set aside
- Melt the bottom of the chocolate wafer so that it becomes a flat edge instead of round edge
- Quickly place the freshly melted edge onto the side of the cocoa bomb to create the “ear”
- Repeat the same step with the second ear
- Allow to harden before serving.
You can wrap them in cellophane or treat bags and store in a cool place before giving your Mickey Mouse hot cocoa bombs as a gift. To fully enjoy this delicious treat, put the chocolate bomb in a mug and pour your favorite hot milk (can be non-dairy) on top. Then watch the chocolate melt and reveal the bomb’s contents. Stir and enjoy!