This delicious red, white and blue charcuterie board is a great way to celebrate the 4th of July or for any barbecue you have planned.
Instead of cold cuts, this board is full of colorful and delicious fruit. You will need assorted vegetables, fruits, dips, candy, and cheeses in red, white and blue for a patriotic look that also is perfect for summer gatherings.
Charcuterie boards traditionally have meat and cheese, but this version is vegetarian. The combination of flavors from the fresh berries, different types of cheese, jam and chocolate really is a crowd pleaser. This fruit and cheese board also goes well with summer beverages.
What bread should I use with a charcuterie board?
Aside from a variety of crackers, charcuterie boards usually have crostini or toasted bread slices that are perfect for the different types of cheese. You can buy crostini at any supermarket or make your own. All you need is an Italian or French load of bread (like a baguette).
To make your own crostini, preheat your oven to 400 F or 204 C. Slice the bread and drizzle with olive oil. Toast in the oven until golden and remove from oven. You may also rub a garlic clove and sprinkle with sea salt for extra flavor if you so desire.
Red, White and Blue Charcuterie Board
- Gouda cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Blueberry goat cheese
- Water crackers
- Clubhouse crackers
- White dipped pretzels
- Toasted crostini
- Cream cheese spread
- Blueberry jam
- Strawberry jam
- Blue wrapped candy, like Dove Milk Chocolates
- Red wrapped candy, like Dove Dark Chocolates
- Red candy, like Twizzlers
- Small containers
- Large cutting board or platter
- Choose a board or serving dishes for the charcuterie board.
- Place loose ingredients (small candies, loose berries, etc.) into bowls or individual dishes. Place those bowls on the board or buffet first.
- Arrange other items around the bowls.
- Add assorted tongs or holiday decorations.