Caprese Salad with Fresh Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato
- 2 balls of fresh mozzarella cheese; Bufala is the the best.
- 4 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese.
- Assemble the salad by layering once slice of mozzarella on top of each tomato slice.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Add the olive oil and balsamic vingear. You can also substitute the regular balsamic for a reduction if you prefer a more concentrated flavor.