Gingerbread is delicious on so many levels. Its color, aroma and texture really makes us feel we’re in the middle of the holiday season.
For years I have served gingerbread for breakfast after Thanksgiving and I love to bake it for Christmas. I even give away loaves as gifts! It’s also perfect for breakfast and goes great with a glass of milk during snacktime. Here’s my foolproof recipe, and I promise you will love it as much as I do. Even kids become gingerbread fans!
Yummy and easy gingerbread recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ cup plain yogurt, no sugar added
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and continue beating.
- Add the molasses, flour and yogurt. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle; gingerbread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool off before slicing.
Let me know how it turned out!
READ ALSO: DIY Chocolate Candy Christmas Tree
En español: Cómo hacer pan de jengibre (RECETA)
Recipe and photos: Enriqueta Lemoine