Gorgeous shades of plum for lips are a great trend for winter. Find the best plum lipsticks with these tips to flatter your skin tone and style. You can choose a very subtle lip gloss or go gothic with a deep bordeaux; it’s up to you!
We tried out different lipsticks and lip glosses to figure out which ones are the best of the crop. From long lasting formulas to hydrating balms, there are options for every skin tone, budget and preference.
Favorite Plum Lipsticks To Try in 2024
Here are the most luscious shades of plum and wine that we found to make your lips stand out.
- Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Downtown Plum: this moisturizing lipstick is comes in a very flattering shade of plum that makes your lips soft and look very chic.
- Hourglass Unlocked Satin Lipstick in Wave 332 : this gorgeous plum lipstick features innovative vegan waxes for a smooth texture that glides on seamlessly and melts instantly into lips. Infused with Mango Seed Butter, Avocado Oil, and Argan Oil, the formula conditions for soft, smooth lips and comfortable wear that feels truly weightless.
- Laura Geller Modern Classic Cream Lipstick in Berry Bliss: this deep plum shade is so hydrating and delivers intense color. The berry color is perfection on medium and darker complexions.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: this sheer lipstick is almost a lip gloss and flatters every skin tone. That’s why it’s a classic and recently went viral again on TikTok. If you apply with a light hand, it just gives you a hint of color but you can deepen the shade if you apply more. It is so versatile I’ve been a fan for years.
- Maybelline Super Stay Vinyl Ink Liquid Lipstick in Unrivaled 30: this is my favorite long-lasting drugstore liquid lipstick and the deep plum shade with hints of red is simply fab.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Plumalicious: Best for budget-conscious shoppers, known for its super moisturizing formula and vibrant color.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Copenhague: Best for a matte finish, offering a creamy texture and maximum coverage at a drugstore price.
- L’Oreal Paris Glow Paradise in Mulberry Bliss: if you prefer a tinted lip balm, you will love this affordable and hydrating drugstore option. It is a balm with a tint of a lipstick in a flattering plum shade.
Top Plum Lipsticks
4 Tips When Choosing a Plum Lipstick
When choosing a plum-hued lipstick, consider the following tips:
- Skin Tone: Match the plum shade to your skin tone. Blue-toned plums are better for fair skin, warm plums suit darker skin, peachy plums for neutral, and reddish or earthy shades for warm skin tones.
- Ingredients: Look for nourishing ingredients like shea butter to keep lips moisturized. Avocado oil and vitamin E are good for minimizing dryness and fine lines.
- Finish Type: Decide between a glossy or matte finish. Matte is versatile for day wear, while glossy is suited for parties and night outings. A balm tends to also have shine and can be worn day or night.
- Formula: If going for a deep plum color, pt for a highly-pigmented, long-lasting formula that is smudge-proof and non-drying.
More makeup tips you will love
- Top Tips When Choosing Blushes For Mature Skin
- Favorite Concealers For Under Eye Dark Circles
- Best Natural Eye Makeup Tips for Brown Eyes