Fresh and fun summer makeup tutorial
As the weather warms up and you lighten up your wardrobe, it’s also important to adjust your makeup routine for summer. Instead of full coverage foundations, which can feel extremely heavy on a hot day, try a BB or CC cream, which also have SPF. Most of us need less coverage than what we think, anyway!
Achieving a fresh summer look takes just a few minutes if you have the right tools. You’ll need a powder brush for bronzer, bronzer, a pinkish peach blush, a big eye shadow brush (I use Bobbi Brown’s Eye Sweep), a defining eye brush (I prefer Bobbi Brown’s Eye Smudge), mascara, lip gloss and an eye shadow palette (such as Lancôme’s Color Design Palette in Azur Chic, which is great for travel) that offers different finishes. You can also use concealer on dark circles or any blemishes you might have; make sure you choose one that is slightly lighter than your skin tone.
Summer makeup tutorial
- After cleansing your skin, apply a BB or CC cream. I used Estée Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB, which is oil-free, and has broad spectrum SPF 30.
- Then, brush your brows and using the large eye shadow brush, apply a light matte eye shadow all over your upper lid.I used Café Creme from Lancôme’s Color Design Palette in Azur Chic.
- Now line your eyes using the smudge eye brush and a navy blue eye shadow. Apply as close as possible to your lash line. I used Navy Nautique from Lancôme’s Color Design Palette in Azur Chic.
- Apply your favorite mascara, first to your top lashes and after they dry, to your lower lashes. I used Covergirl’s Bombshell Volume in Very Black but skipped the top coat.
- With the powder brush I then applied bronzer with a very light hand and then a pinkish coral blush on the apples of my cheeks. The Lancôme Star Bronzer palette in Bronze Essence has great colors.
- Finally, use your favorite lip-gloss (prefer a non-sticky one) or a tinted lip balm. To bring a pop of color to my mouth, I used Lancôme’s Gloss in Love 162, a beautiful cherry hue. If you prefer tinted lip balms, Sugar has great ones and Mary Kay’s Orange You Lovely triple layer tinted balm is very moisturizing.