You can serve this chocolate pudding warm, after chilling it for just 15 minutes, or leave for 3 hours in the refrigerator so it’s cold. My kids prefer it chilled, especially with raspberries or strawberries and a little whipped topping. My husband loves that it’s gluten-free, because it can be quite a challenge to find delicious desserts he can enjoy.
If you want to make this a really fun dessert, serve the pudding in a big bowl and make fruit kebabs. Kids love using the chocolate pudding as a fondue to dip the fruit skewers.
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups milk
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine all ingredients except the butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, and then stir. Continue microwaving for 1-2 minute increments until the pudding has thickened. It should take between 6-10 minutes total, depending on your microwave.
- Add in the butter and stir to allow the butter to melt.
- Pour the pudding into bowls, mason jars, or dessert dishes for serving.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to serve cold, or let chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to serve warm.
- Top as desired, with whipped topping, berries, or any fruit you like.
More easy recipes
- Foolproof Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe (VIDEO)
- The Best Creamy Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- Canned Salmon Salad-Filled Tomatoes Recipe
- Delicious and Easy Chicken Milanese Recipe
- Delicious Dulce De Leche Flan Recipe