During New York Fashion Week (NYFW), a sleek low ponytail was all over the runway shows. This is such a great hairstyle because it’s so easy! The only issue is that it works if you have straight hair or if you’re willing to straighten it.
TRESemmé global stylist Justine Marjan explained how she created this ultra chic and sleek ponytail for the Cushnie NYFW runway show. Her top trick? “For an extra sleek and smooth look, apply TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hold Level 4: Extend Hair Spray to a toothbrush, and brush down any pesky flyaways!” shared Justine.
How To Do A Sleek Low Ponytail
Here’s how to style your hair in an ultra-sleek low ponytail:
- Prep hair by spritzing a heat-protecting spray to protect the hair.
- Dry your hair with a good hairdryer like the ghd air® hair dryer and a small bristle brush.
- Iron the hair from the roots to the ends. Here Justine used the ghd platinum® + styler.
- Use a small toothbrush or detailing brush to direct the hairline around the face. Use a Mason Pearson brush to loosely gather hair at the nape of the neck and tuck hair behind ears.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail and use a piece of string to tie a knot and secure the ponytail. The two pieces of string should lay on top of the hair and should be the length of the ponytail.
- Apply a few pumps of the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Serum to hands and run them through the length of the pony to add shine and tame frizz.
- Finish by misting the TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hold Level 4: Extend Hair Spray all over for style without stiffness.
Do you like sleek low ponytails?