A long white dress is always a great choice during the warmest months of the year but sometimes we don’t know how to style it.
That’s why I made a quick video with a few styling ideas using a light, summery white dress that can take you from the beach to a date night.
Even if you’re social distancing, it’s fun to see how many looks you can get from this summer staple. The trick is to switch up the accessories. I got this cotton caftan-like dress at Zara, but you can find great deals on white dresses right now. I found a Fit & Flare Eyelet Cami Midi Dress on Old Navy for $35, a gauze tie front dress for even less and a comfy H&M maxi dress for less than $20.
Ideas to style a white dress
Here are seven ways to style a long, white summer dress.
- Wear the white dress as a coverup. Just add flip flops and wear over your swim suit. A hat also looks great!
- Cinch the waist with a skinny belt. A braided leather belt adds a bohemian vibe and helps accentuate your waist.
- Add sparkly sandals. Upgrade your beach look by swapping your flip flop for beaded sandals.
- A fun bag adds texture and a pop of color. Natural materials like raffia look chic in the summer and colorful accents like tassels or pom pons give you a beachy vibe.
- Swap the skinny belt for a wide one in a darker hue if you want a more sophisticated look.
- For evening, high-heeled sandals and a metallic clutch instantly take your white dress from day to night.
- A statement necklace or unique earrings can also elevate your look. For a bohemian vibe, a long necklace works great.