When it’s cold outside and you need to keep little ones entertained, this sparkly snow paint will come to the rescue! It not only will keep children busy, but it’s also super easy to make.
It’s always a challenge to find fun activities for kids that you can make with supplies you already have at home. That’s why I am so happy to share this glittery paint recipe with you. It’s also a great alternative to slime, which can be quite messy to make. The glitter provides the wow factor, and you can easily add food coloring to create different paint colors.
Want to take it a step further? Add a couple of drops of essential oils to the mix for a sparkly scented paint that kids love. Let your imagination inspire you!
Sparkly snow paint
- 1 cup non-toxic glue
- 1 to 2 cups shaving cream (not gel), depending on how fluffy you want the paint
- Food coloring (for color), optional
- Essential oils (for fragrance), optional
- Glitter (for sparkle), optional
- Construction paper or cardstock
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together glue and shaving cream until combined.
Step 2: If desired, add food coloring, essential oil, or glitter and stir to distribute.
Step 3: Allow children to paint with brushes, sponges, or cotton swabs.
Step 4: Sprinkle the paint with additional glitter and allow to dry.
More free kids activities
- Fun and free Frozen 2 coloring sheets
- Free kids activities from Disney’s Frozen
- Free coloring pages for kids
- Free Printable Moana Coloring Sheets
- More Free Beauty And The Beast Printable Activities
- Free Finding Dory Connect The Dots Printable Activities
- Fun printable activities from Ant-Man
- Free Monsters Inc. 3D printable activities for kids