This turkey meatballs recipe is one of my kids’ favorites, because they can’t stop devouring it every time I make it. I serve these meatballs with white rice and broccoli, or whit pasta and some parmesan cheese. Turkey is a lean protein, which is great. When it’s well seasoned, it’s simply delicious!
Added bonus: these turkey meatballs are super easy to make because they are not fried. You just bake them and finish cooking them with a yummy tomato sauce. Once you try them, you’ll understand why I love this recipe so much.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs (680 gr) ground turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup onions, cut lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove,chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F (176 C)and cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the turkey with the salt, mashed garlic, parsley and black pepper.
- Add the egg and bread crumbs. Mix well with a fork.
- Make the meatballs with your hands and set on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Put the tomato, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a blender and mix until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Pour the sauce in a saucepan, then add the meatballs after they’re baked and the bay leaves.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Add salt if needed.
Remember to save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Encuentra la receta en español: Albóndigas de pavo: receta saludable y deliciosa