Jessica Alba once more looked gorgeous at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards. Celebrity hairstylist Davey Newkirk gave her glossy, simple loose waves for the red carpet that looked great with her Kenzo skirt and Piece D’anarchive top. If you want to style your hair just like Jessica Alba’s, we have all the details .
To recreate this look, follow these steps from Davey Newkirk, who used products from John Frieda:
- Newkirk started by applying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray all over Jessica’s wet hair.
- Then he blew out her hair using a large round brush to give her tons of volume and a lot of shine.
- After blow drying, Newkirk parted her hair into 2 inch sections (starting from the nape and working up).
- Then he curled the hair with a large 1 ½ inch curling iron. He made sure to secure each section with a duckbill clip and allowed each curl to set.
- Once curls were set, he removed the hair clips and with a flat brush, gently brushed out each curl.
- Newkirk placed a small amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème and smoothed it through Jessica’s hair to achieve a perfectly smooth look.
- After, with a large comb, he parted the hair and smoothed it down with a touch of John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Gel.
- Finally he manipulated Jessica’s curls with his finger and a brush. To finish and lock the style he sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray.
Photos: courtesy of John Frieda and Jessica Alba’s Instagram.