Halloween treats can be so easy to make at home! Whether you are decorating cookies or cupcakes, creating spooky treats can also be a family activity.
Since Halloween this year might look very different from what we’re used to, I wanted to share my top tips to celebrate safely at home without stressing too much. I know how stressed we all are between having everybody at home, figuring out how to protect our health and finding ways to keep our spirits up.
Since I know it’s a challenge to keep kids entertained at home, here are some printables to help you celebrate Halloween safely without having to go around the neighborhood. The Halloween Scavenger Hunt can also be used when watching holiday movies:
Tips to make easy Halloween treats
- Take advantage of boxed cake mixes. To save time, use them to bake your favorite cupcakes. I prefer vanilla or chocolate because they are easier to decorate. You may also add food coloring to make the cake mix orange or red, depending on your creativity. Bake in themed liners and later frost. You can also buy frosted cupcakes at your local grocery store if you are really strapped for time.
- Use decorating kits. If you want spooky cupcakes, the Halloween Skull & Bones decorating kit (I used one from Party City) has everything you need. You can customize each tombstone in just seconds with the included marker. Finally, add the “bones” and skull topper after you frost each cupcake.
- Decorate sugar cookies. Use this easy 3 ingredient sugar cookie recipe or use a premade mix. Use Halloween-themed cookie cutters and enlist the kids to decorate the cookies. Have them spread icing, sprinkle orange sugar or sprinkles and add googly eyes.
- Box your treats to make Halloween special for friends and neighbors. Since Halloween may look a bit different this year, after you decorate your treats, package them in individual boxes so you can drop them off at your neighbors.
Fun and easy Halloween recipes
- Delicious Candy Corn Marshmallow Monsters
- Spooky Ghost Meringues
- Halloween Treat: How To Make A Brownie Cemetery
- Spooktacular Halloween Treat: Dirt Cups With Gummy Worms