Latina beauty queen and TV personality Alejandra Espinoza stunned everybody with her fresh yet polished look at the 2014 Premios Juventud. If you loved her makeup, here are all the details on how to get her look.
Alejandra wanted a natural, yet polished, look. Her makeup artist Franz Muñoz used warm colors on her, including a light plum liner on eyes, coral on cheeks to give the look of a natural flush, and soft rosy lips to give a bit of contrast with her sexy green ivory bathing suit cover-up dress, which she designed with Irma Martínez. The final look was beachy, yet very sophisticated and elegant.
Alejandra Espinoza’s makeup in 7 steps
- Create a perfect canvas using a primer, such as L’Oréal Paris Youth Code Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher ($24.99), to give you a nice dewy, radiant complexion.
- Gently dab the L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup in Golden Beige($10.95) to contour. Blend in with the L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup in Caramel Beige ($10.95) to create a sun-kissed caramel glow. No powder needed to keep the look fresh and dewy.
- For the eyes, apply the darkest shade from the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Absolute Taupe ($9.99) over your entire eyelid and the medium-colored one in the crease. Use the lightest shade from L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Perpetual Nude ($9.99) along your brow bone. *Secret tip: Celebrity makeup artist Franz added a bit of Urban Decay Heavy Metal Loose Glitter in Goldmine ($12) to make the makeup pop even more.
- To highlight the eyes, first add a winged line above the upper lash line with a fun summer green shade such as L’Oréal Paris Silkissime Eyeliner by Infallible in True Teal ($8.99). Beneath the lower lash line use a plum eyeliner such as L’Oreal Paris Silkissime Eyeliner by Infallible in Pure Purple ($8.99) as it’s a perfect color for daytime that plays well with tan to darker skin tones.
- Apply two coats of mascara to the upper lashes, such as L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Black ($7.99)
- On the apple of your cheeks, lightly dab the blush from a bronzing palette such as Urban Decay’s NAKED FLUSHED in Native ($30) for a natural flush and highlight the cheek bones and nose with its built-in highlighter.
- Create a polished glossy lip using a rose gloss such as L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipcolour in Rose Melody ($9.99).