Men sometimes want to take better care of their skin but have no idea on where to start. That why we compiled 5 foolproof skin care tips especially for them. One of the most common mistakes men make is not using specially formulated for their needs, which are different from women’s. Another skin care mistake can cost them dearly: by not wearing sunscreen every day, they can have premature aging and also increase their risk of developing skin cancer. Men tend to have sensitive skin so it’s important to find non-irritating products.
Here are 5 skin care tips for men:
- Cleanse your skin every day: use a cleanser to help remove dead skin cells, dirt and excessive oils.
- Use shaving cream to calm the skin and prevent irritation. Now there are some made especially for sensitive skin. Some also are fragrance free.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth. Shaving against it can cause ingrown hairs and irritation.
- Use sunscreen daily on your face: skin cancer does not distinguish whether you’re male or female.
- Apply an oil-free moisturizing lotion after showering: prevent dry skin by applying a special lotion for men when the skin is still damp.