Let’s Get Kids To Love Reading
If we want our children to enjoy reading, avoid turning it into a chore and rather focus on the creative and fun side of books, magazines and even comics. Literacy is key to improving spelling and vocabulary skills, but it also helps stimulate your child’s imagination. Reading should not only be done as part of school or college demands. Still not sure whether it’s worth the effort? We hope this video inspires you!
Remember that reading can also be a moment to bond and enjoy with your child. Take advantage of free activities that many local libraries, bookstores and community centers offer. This way children feel that doing something educational or about books can also be a time for family fun.
It’s never too early to start reading to your baby. That way it becomes part of your child’s daily routine and you also help his or her verbal development. This effort pays off once your child starts preschool and Kindergarten.
Here are more resources:
- Great website: Teachmama
- Great book: Raising a Rock-Star Reader: 75 Quick Tips for Helping Your Child Develop a Lifelong Love for Reading
- 6 tips to help your child love reading, even in the summer
- 10 Amazing Quotes from Latino Authors
- 10 Books to Celebrate Extraordinary Women
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Read to Your Child
If you enjoyed our video, please like it on YouTube and subscribe to our channel. We also post daily on our Facebook page.
En español: Enséñale a tu hijo el amor por la lectura