When I thought of all my Disney fans and favorite rides, I couldn’t help but want to combine my love for Minnie Mouse with one of my favorite rides: Haunted Mansion. Well, these Haunted Mansion cupcakes managed to do exactly that so you can frightfully delight anybody with a sweet tooth. They will look so cute at any Halloween party!
To save time, I recommend making the chocolate cupcakes with a box mix. The decoration process takes a bit of effort and time, but I promise your dedication will pay off.
How To Make Minnie Fondant Ears and Bows
- 1 container of purple fondant
- 1 container of white fondant
- 1 black edible marker
- 1 green edible marker
- 1 purple edible marker
- 1 Wilton bow fondant mold
- 4 inch round fondant cutter
- Sprinkle powder sugar onto cutting board and spread around.
- Remove purple fondant from container and place onto cutting board
- Coat fondant with powder sugar and roll out onto the cutting board into a flat 1/2 inch disk
- Using the 4 inch round cutter, cut out 24 circles
- Place cut circles onto the cookie sheet and allow to dry for 1 hour
- Using the black edible marker, draw out the wallpaper onto the fondant circles.
- Allow to dry.
- Making the bow directions
- Remove the white fondant from the container and pinch off about 1 tbsp of fondant
- Mold the white fondant into the small bow mold
- Remove and place onto a cookie sheet to dry
- Continue steps for 11 more bows.
- Allow the bows to dry for 1 hour
- Once the hour is up, using your green and black edible marker, draw and color horizontal lines on the bows
- Allow to dry for 1 hour.
You will need:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix and ingredients as listed on the back of the cake mix box
- Muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer/ mixing bowl
- Preheat oven as per directions on the box,
- Put the liners in the muffin pan. Set aside.
- Following the directions add ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients as instructed.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
- Check for doneness. ( Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake, it should come out clean.)
- If they are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
How to make Vanilla Frosting
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Pipe frosting onto the top of the cupcake
- Place one “ear” on either side of the frosting
- Place the bow in the middle of the frosting
- 3 Jumbo marshmallows
- 1 Microwave Safe Bowl
- Place the bowl with the marshmallows in the microwave for 15 seconds intervals until puffed and melted
- Stir with a spoon to deflate the marshmallows
Marshmallow Spider Web Decorating Directions
- Scoop a little bit of melted marshmallow between your fingers and spread your fingers apart to make the marshmallow stringy.
- Lay the marshmallow strings over and around the frosting and ears with your fingers, coating the frosting and ears to make it creepy looking.
Yes, I know it takes a lot of steps to make these adorably spooky Haunted Mansion Minnie Ears cupcakes, but it’s totally worth it!