If you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World, make sure to embark on a tasty tour across six continents during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
The festival will run through November 20, 2021 and this year’s edition has 50 percent new food offerings. You can imagine how happy I was to eat my way around the world in a few hours thanks to an invitation from Walt Disney World to see everything the 2021 Epcot Food & Wine festival has to offer. There are so many great things to try!
One visit probably won’t be enough, because on October 1 there will be even more fun. The long-awaited Ratatouille ride will open its doors, along with a new restaurant, La Crêperie de Paris. Other food stands will also open their doors to expand the marketplace offerings, as well. So if you’re craving crepes, waffles, pão de queijo, paella or raclettes, make sure to pay Epcot another visit in October or November.
Epcot Food & Wine festival amazing snacks and sips
More than 20 Global Marketplaces are already open and they offer so many delicious options. Here are a few of my favorites:
- The Candy Jar donut at the Donut Box. There you can also find a chicken and sriracha glazed donut I heard was delicious.
- The Impossible Burger Slider at Earth Eats stand; I honestly loved it!
- Tuna Poke with eel sauce at the Hawaii marketplace stand
- Apple Crumble Tart at Appleseed Orchard in Canada
- Stone Baked Moroccan Bread with hummus, zaalouk and zhoug dips at Tangierine Cafe
- Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with truffle-butter sauce at Canada marketplace stand
- Maple popcorn at the Canada marketplace stand
- Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho at The Noodle Exchange
Drinks without alcohol
- Cinnamon Apple Cider at Appleseed Orchard in Canada
- Mango Bubble Milk Tea at China marketplace stand
- Fresh Blood Orange Juice at Tangierine Cafe
- Tropical Tea Breeze iced tea near Canada
- Cocoa Cold Brew mocha near Mission: Space
- Evian sparkling water with cucumber and mint at France marketplace stand
Drinks with alcohol
- Greek wine flight for $9 in the Greece marketplace stand
- Domaine Carneros Cuvée Brut Rosé at the Rotunda Bistro
- Italian Margarita with limoncello and tequila in the Italy marketplace stand
- Italian White Sangria with Prosecco also at Italy marketplace stand
- Bourbon Bloody Mary at the Swanky Saucy Swine
- White Passion Fruit Sangria at the Mexico marketplace stand
- Tropical Mimosa at Shimmering Sips
New merchandise at 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
This year’s festival also has official event merchandise, including apparel, home décor, kitchen essentials, trading pins and more. Minnie’s Apple Orchard collection is adorable while the official festival collection has something for all tastes and needs. I found Port of Entry had the best selection, but there are several Festival Markets that also offer the event merchandise.
The Belle, Be Our Guest collection is my personal favorite. There is themed apparel, measuring cups, spatulas and Dooney & Burke handbags. Belle is near and dear to my heart so I had to get one of the tote bags. The one I got fits everything I need on the go and has a top zipper. There was also a practical crossbody that was selling fast. If you can’t find the model you want, try the store in the France pavilion.
Annual passholders will also find exclusive merchandise at Mouse Gear.
7 tips if you attend the 2021 EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
- Make sure to make your Epcot park reservation when you purchase your park ticket. Unless you are using the park hopper option after 2 pm, you must have a reservation to enter the park.
- Download the free MyDisneyExperience app. It’s so convenient to see the map, wait times, and the digital festival guide! You can also use the app to purchase merchandise at the Mouse Gear store without having to stand in line.
- Grab your passport at the park’s entrance even if you have the MyDisneyExperience app. That way you can also collect stamps if you complete Emile’s Fromage Montage challenge.
- Wear your most comfortable shoes. Do not wait for your visit to break them in. Your feet will thank you!
- Pace yourself! There are so many delicious foods and drinks to try. Perhaps try a few, then do a couple of rides and then have another snack. Also, remember to stay hydrated.
- Take advantage of the convenient Festival Disney Gift Card that you can wear around your wrist. You can activate it with as little as $15 and that way you can also keep track of your spending.
- Epcot is beautiful at dusk and night. Take your time to walk around the World Showcase and finish the night with the Epcot Forever fireworks.
The 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is available with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for EPCOT on the same date. As the event continues into the fall, it will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning Oct. 1 in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
What treat are you most excited to try?
Special thanks to Walt Disney World for inviting me as part of the media to cover the 2021 Epcot Food & Wine International Festival.
Photos: Jeannette Kaplun