Easy and yummy homemade salsa recipe
Homemade salsa is not only easy to make, but it tastes so good!
If you are stuck at home and need a good dip for your chips, this recipe is foolproof. You do need a food processor for best results so you can quickly puree all the ingredients. This salsa is also great with tacos and quesadillas or can be used as a topping for grilled chicken.
This recipe uses canned tomatoes, so you can save your fresh ones. Once you can go shopping again, you can use fresh tomatoes.
Homemade salsa recipe
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded for mild or with seeds for medium
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon preferred sweetener
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Cover and pulse until the salsa reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Refrigerate one hour to overnight before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Let me know if you like this homemade salsa as much as my family does. Right now I am keeping some in the fridge so the kids have some handy for their afternoon snacks.
Also, if you have ripe avocados, try my quick and easy guacamole recipe.