As a busy mom, I’m constantly looking out for easy recipes and a few shortcuts to prepare tasty dishes for my family, because one too many times I don’t make what I would love to cook because there simply isn’t enough time in the day. That’s why I had to share this recipe for Campbell’s Soup chicken enchiladas. It uses one of Campbell Soup Company’s Latin-inspired condensed soups. The best part is that they can be quickly added to traditional dishes to give them a flavorful twist or to simply cut down on prep time. If you prefer a creamy chicken enchiladas recipe from scratch, try this one.
I really love chicken enchiladas but they seem too time consuming to prepare so I rarely make them at home. This recipe from the folks at Campbell’s just takes 15 minutes of prepping time so now I have no excuses. Corn tortillas are rolled around a delicious filling of chicken, creamy poblano soup, salsa and cheese and baked until hot. Yes, it’s that easy.
Tasty Campbell’s Soup Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Creamy Poblano & Queso Soup
- 1/4 cup chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- Chopped tomato, sliced green onion and chopped fresh cilantro leaves
How to make the enchiladas
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the chicken, 1/2 cup soup, the salsa and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Stir the remaining soup and the milk in a small bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas around the filling. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down, into an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. Pour the soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato, green onion and cilantro.
Let me know what you think of these chicken enchiladas!