As a busy mom, I’m constantly looking out for easy recipes and a few shortcuts to prepare tasty dishes for my family, because one too many times I don’t make what I would love to cook because there simply isn’t enough time in the day. That’s why I had to share this recipe for Campbell’s Soup chicken enchiladas. It uses one of Campbell Soup Company’s new Latin-inspired condensed soups that were recently launched. The new soup flavors are Tomato, Chipotle & Olive Oil; Black Bean, Cumin & Cilantro; and Creamy Poblano & Queso and combine the influence of Latin and American cuisines. The best part is that they can be quickly added to traditional dishes to give them a flavorful twist or to simply cut down on prep time.
I really love chicken enchiladas but they seem too time consuming to prepare so I rarely make them at home. This recipe from the folks at Campbell’s just takes 15 minutes of prepping time so now I have no excuses. Flour tortillas are rolled around a delicious filling of chicken, creamy poblano soup, salsa and cheese and baked until hot. Yes, it’s that easy.
Tasty Campbell’s Soup Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Creamy Poblano & Queso Soup
- 1/4 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- Chopped tomato, sliced green onion and chopped fresh cilantro leaves
How to make the enchiladas
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the chicken, 1/2 cup soup, the salsa and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Stir the remaining soup and the milk in a small bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas around the filling. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down, into an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. Pour the soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato, green onion and cilantro.
More recipes can be found at www.CampbellsKitchen.com.
Let me know what you think of these chicken enchiladas!