Healthy Recipe: Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato is great when it’s baked, but I also discovered it’s a great replacement for french fries. Yes, you could do sweet potato fries but if you bake them, they are not only easier to make, but also much healthier. You only need to add some olive oil, season, and bake until they turn golden.
Here’s the video so you can see how easy it is to make baked sweet potato “fries”:
Baked sweet potato fries
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Substitute french fries for this much healthier recipe. Baked sweet potato “fries” are delicious and super easy to make!
- 2 sweet potato, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and add olive oil. Mix with your hands so each piece is coated with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Make sure the “fries” are spread out.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Broil the “fries” for 3 more minutes.
En español: Receta saludable: Bastoncitos de batata para sustituir las papas fritas