These delicious Oreo hot cocoa bombs never disappoint.
They are perfect for cookies and cream lovers or to celebrate National Oreo Day on March 6. Yes, there is a day to celebrate Oreos.
If you have ever dunked your cookies in milk, these hot chocolate bombs will be right up your alley. When you pour hot milk over your Oreo hot cocoa bomb, there’s something so satisfying when you watch it melt and open. Especially when it releases the mini marshmallows, hot cocoa mix, and crushed Oreos. Just stir and enjoy!
Oreo Hot Cocoa Bombs
Makes 6 hot cocoa bombs
- 8 oz white candy melts
- 6 tablespoons hot cocoa or hot chocolate powder mix
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 Oreo cookies
- Silicone semi-sphere mold
- Large plate, small plate, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spoon or pastry brush, pastry bag or ziplock bag, small microwave safe bowls for melting candy
- Put a large plate into the freezer.
- Pour the white candy melts into a bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring well after each heat session, until the candy is fully melted.
- Add a small spoon full of melted candy to all of the mold cavities, then coat the melted candy around the mold, making sure to get all the way up the sides. Place candy coated mold into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 for a second coat of candy, then transfer the unused melted candy to a pastry or ziplock bag.
- Place cookies into a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush the cookies.
- Remove the chilled plate and candy coated mold from the freezer. Carefully remove each candy coated sphere from the mold and place on the chilled plate.
- Heat the small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Put one half sphere upside down on the heated plate to slightly melt the candy coated edge.
- Fill it with 1 tablespoon cocoa mix, a few mini marshmallows and some cookie crumbs.
- Repeat step 9 with another half sphere and adhere the two together. The melted candy should fuse them together nicely, but if not, just use your finger to add a little chocolate around the seam.
- Reheat the bagged candy if needed, then snip off the end and drizzle candy over each cocoa bomb, and add more crushed cookies.
- To serve, place cocoa bomb into a mug, then pour 6 ounces of hot water or milk over the Oreo hot chocolate bomb. Stir well and enjoy!
More recipes with Oreo cookies