This red, white and blue homemade fudge recipe is truly spectacular. Not only is it perfect for your 4thof July patriotic celebrations but it’s guaranteed to delight your entire family.
You can also change the color theme by switching the food coloring and sprinkles.
To make the fudge easier to cut into small rectangles or bars, make sure to line the baking dish with aluminum foil.
How to make red, white and blue homemade fudge
- 2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c white cake mix, divided
- 4 c white chocolate chips, divided
- Red, white, & blue sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided into 2 ½ tsp
- Red and blue food coloring
- Foil lined 2 quart glass baking dish
- Mix 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with ½ c white cake mix in a large glass bowl. Add 2 c white chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, and then remove and stir well. If the chocolate chips are not completely melted, return to the microwave for an additional 20 seconds, but be careful not to overheat, or you will scorch the chocolate chips. Add ½ tsp vanilla extract and mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two bowls. In the first bowl, add blue food coloring to the mixture. Start with 5-6 drops, and add more until you get the desired tint of blue you would like. I added approximately 15 drops, as I wanted a brighter blue.
- In the second bowl, add red food coloring to the mixture. Again, start with 5-6 drops, and add more until you get the desired tint of red you would like. Set both the red and blue mixtures aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the remaining ingredients. Let the mixture cool slightly, then fold in approximately ¼ c of red, white, and blue sprinkles. You don’t want the sprinkles to melt, and for the colors to bleed.
- Pour the blue mixture into the foil-lined baking dish. Make sure it is smooth, and evenly covers the dish.
- Next, add the white mixture with sprinkles on top of the blue mixture. Again, make sure it is smooth, and evenly covers the dish.
- Add the red mixture on top of the white mixture, and smooth evenly across the dish.
- Sprinkle approximately ¼ c of red, white, and blue sprinkles all over the red layer. Using your hand, pat down the sprinkles lightly to get them to stick to the top layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set. Remove from the foil pan, cut into bars, and enjoy!
I hope you love this homemade fudge as much as I do.
More red, white, and blue recipes
- Festive and Delicious 4th of July Red, White, and Blue Cookies With M&Ms
- How To Make 4th of July Fruit Kebabs
- Stunning Red, White and Blue Poke Cake Recipe