Back-to-school shopping doesn’t have to be stressful or boring when dealing with supply lists and everything kids need for school. I’ve learned many tips and tricks that I want to share with you to help you navigate this busy season. Planning is key, as is taking advantage of whatever will save you time and money. There are also many ways to help your kids express their unique tastes and style, even if they wear uniforms at school.
As I’ve stated before, I’m a huge fan of online shopping, so I’m super excited to once again partner with Amazon. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, like me, you get unlimited free two-day shipping on over 100 million items. If you’re not, don’t worry: there are still millions of items with free shipping! Also, Amazon’s Back to School store is such a huge timesaver! Even better, you can do all your shopping in Spanish as Amazon gives customers the option to shop, browse, and search in Spanish on Amazon.com and on the Amazon App.
I created my own back-to-school shopping list to inspire you on amazon.com/backtoschool. I found so many basics, like binders, glue, and pencil cases. But what I really loved was being able to find footwear, apparel and backpacks that reflect my kids’ unique style. Since I am teaching Spanish to my children, it’s a huge plus to find my favorite Latin American literature books. That way they can appreciate Hispanic culture and learn to read and write in Spanish while also having fun.
5 Back-To-School Trends And Tips
Not only did I find trendy items, but I also found so many great products at affordable prices. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Rose gold accessories: I found this gorgeous Rose Gold pen seton Amazon and a desk set to help my daughter keep everything organized. Tweens and teens love anything in rose gold, and it makes even the basics look glamorous and on trend.
- Supplies go beyond the basic: Instead of a basic eraser, allow your kids to have fun with school supplies and get these very realistic Macaron Erasers. The ZIPIT Pencil Case goes beyond the boring with several colors and prints. Also, the AmazonBasics Aqua backpack is very affordable and looks very cool in this mint color.
- Don’t forget comfort never goes out of style. That’s why when choosing footwear, I prefer classics for my children. My son loves adidas Originals Men’s Cloudfoam Ultimate Running Shoe while my daughter prefers adidas Originals Women’s Superstar. Another great option? Converse Kids’ Chuck Taylor All Star Canvas High Top Sneakers which come in so many colors and are super comfy.
- Personalize supplies to showcase your child´s style.Even plain binders and folders can look cool with a little creativity. The Fashion Angels Tapefitti Washi Tape Set will make it easy for your daughter personalize her school supplies. Another option? This Just My Style Emoticon Beads setallows kids to channel their creative energy and create unique accessories. Finally, remember to label everything. The Brother P Touch label maker makes it easy!
- Invest in quality pieces so they will last year-round. It pays off to invest a little more in quality pieces that your child will wear the entire school year (and even beyond!). A denim jacket like AG Adriano Goldschmied Women’s Easy Ridged Twill Nancy Jacket is a classic that your teen can wear for a long time, and that you might want to steal. These PAIGE Women’s Hoxton Straight Ankle jeans are also super trendy but have a great fit. For boys, these Under Armour Men’s Rival Fleece Joggers are a wonderful choice, both in and out of school. Also, classrooms can be chilly, so this Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Sweatshirt is a must, too.
Who doesn’t love the ability to do your back-to-school shopping from your phone, tablet or computer without having to wait for parking, finding a sales associate to help you find your child’s size or stand in line to pay? You don’t even have to type! If you have any Alexa-enabled device like the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, you can shop with your voice – just ask Alexa! It doesn´t get any easier than that.
Special thanks to Amazon for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.