Gina Rodriguez has proven over and over that she’s got talent and beauty, and the 2015 Emmy Awards were no exception. The star of “Jane The Virgin” was totally on trend with her blush Lorena Sarbu gown, Forever Mark diamonds and polished ponytail. Makeup artist Carissa Ferreri for L’Oréal Paris said “the makeup look was mainly inspired by Gina’s dress — it was more dramatic from anything she’s ever worn.”
Here’s a step by step guide from Gina’s makeup artist to get her look at home.
- Carissa prepped and imparted a glowing base to the face using L’Oréal Paris Youth Code All-In-One Skin Illuminator ($17.99) and to brighten eyes and diminish dark circles, she applied L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal Eye Cream ($24.99).
- To achieve Gina’s smoky eye, Carissa used mainly grey and charcoal matte tones from L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude in 01 ($19.99). She accentuated the outer corner of the eye using the charcoal shimmer shadow.
- For a natural-looking brow, Carissa penciled in light strokes of L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer ($7.99).
- To create full, dramatic lashes, Carissa turned to L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara ($9.99), and then lined the inner corner of the eyelids with L’Oréal Paris Superstar Liner ($9.99).
- Carissa mixed L’Oréal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($10.95) – shades 106 and 107 – in with a touch of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in N201 Rose ($12.99) to enhance Gina’s skin with a beautiful glow.
- Using a mini sponge applicator she blended L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in C302 Ice ($12.99) on top of the cheek bone for added luminosity.
- Last, she applied L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Pen in 102 She’s So Matte ($9.99) and a touch of L’Oréal Paris Pro Last Lipcolor for a long-lasting lip.
What did you think of Gina Rodriguez’s makeup at the 2015 Emmys? Did you love it as much as we did?
LEE EN ESPAÑOL: Cómo lograr el look de Gina Rodríguez en los premios Emmy