A departure from Jennifer’s Golden Globes look, makeup artist Mary Philips was inspired mostly by Jennifer Lopez’s sparkly, ethereal gown. As such, she stuck to a monochromatic palette of warm peaches and diffused bronzes around her eye, paired with a cool toned pink lip that had glacier blue undertones. The moment felt very royal – almost princess-like.
Jennifer Lopez’s 2015 Oscars makeup step by step:
- STEP 1: Mary prepped the skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Moisture Blur ($24.99)
- STEP 2: Next, she applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Tan ($12.99) followed by Armani Fluid Sheer #13 as a highlighter
- STEP 3: She enhanced brows using L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer in Blonde ($7.99).
- STEP 4: To create the eye look, Mary turned to NEW L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude ($19.99, available in April) followed by accents of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Smokissime Powder Eyeliner Pen in Taupe Smoke ($9.99)
- STEP 5: She then curled lashes and applied multiple coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara ($7.99)
- STEP 6: To complete the look, she used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Color in Timeless Rosé 115 ($12.99) on the lips.
What about JLo’s hair? Here’s how to recreate Jennifer Lopez’s elegant ponytail.
Hairstylist Lorenzo Martin said: “I wanted to keep Jennifer’s big, beautiful dress the star of the show, and so her hairstyle was simple and chic. The sleek high ponytail was also great for the rainy weather!”
Here’s how you can style your hair just like Jennifer Lopez:
- STEP 1: To begin, wash hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo ($4.99), Pre-Conditioner ($6.99), and Conditioner ($4.99)
- STEP 2: After washing, massage L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Straight Perfecting Balm ($6.99) all over wet hair to fight against humidity.
- STEP 3: Blow dry hair with a round brush.
- STEP 4: Set hair in big, hot rollers to create volume. Once set, remove the rollers and brush through the hair spraying on L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Strand Smoother Serum Spray ($4.99)
- STEP 5: Gather hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic with metal hooks on each end to keep the ponytail high
- STEP 6: Finish the look off with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Weather Control Hairspray ($4.99) to combat the rainy weather.
What did you think of Jennifer Lopez at the 2015 Oscars? Also, don’t miss her Instagram feed. She undoubtedly had the best selfie of the night!