Heads usually turn when Olivia Culpo walks into a room. As a former Miss USA and Miss Universe, the actress is known to wow everybody with her beauty. For this years Oscars, the Rhode Island native chose a Marchesa beaded dress that had fringe and tons of glamour that landed her on several best-dressed lists, including ours. Olivia Culpo’s makeup was also a showstopper, with her lavender eye shadow. That’s why we found out how to get her look.
Her makeup artist, Sir John (@sirjohnofficial), who is a L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Makeup Artist and also did Beyonce’s Grammys makeup, explained where they got their inspiration. “We decided to go for a lavender wash on the eyes, nude lips and glowing skin to complement Olivia’s vintage-inspired dress. I would call this look Ice Princess meets ‘Great Gatsby’,” said Sir John.
- To prep Olivia’s skin, Sir John used L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Moisturizer . Then, he applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender. Next, for contour he used the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit.
- Sir John then took the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Blush Kit and applied the lighter shade to Olivia’s cheeks.
- Next, Sir John applied L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Illuminator in both Golden and Ice to the high planes of Olivia’s cheekbones, the bridge of her nose and a little on her Cupid’s bow. He also applied L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Illuminator in both Rose and Golden on Olivia’s collarbones and arms to give her skin a beautiful glow.
- For Olivia’s brows, he used the L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Frame and Set in Warm Brunette, brushing the brows upwards.
- Then for her eyes, Sir John created a washed lavender look using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Eye Shadow in Shady Violet and L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Pocket Palette in Violet Amour. He applied the purple and lavender colors around Olivia’s entire eye, using the lighter shade of the Infallible Paints Shadow to under Olivia’s bottom lash line.
- To make the look pop, Sir John added generous coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Noir Mascara to Olivia’s top and bottom lashes.
- For Olivia’s lips, Sir John first applied L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lip Liner in Au Naturale all over the lip. On top he applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction.
- Finally, he set Olivia’s makeup with the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Setting Spray.
What did you think of Olivia Culpo’s lavender eye makeup? We can’t wait to try it!